by: flickr member glen.h

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Doors

I’m excited to say that new things have just begun.

Up to this point I’ve found myself as rather aimless. While I exceedingly enjoy having a surplus of time on my hands this can only go so far. Since natural inclination is to over commit God’s latest lesson of patience has been quite difficult. I was told to stop. Stop committing. Stop looking. Just BE.

Most would find this request entirely appealing, while I see sacrifice. One must consciously wait upon His direction, His hand, and His audible voice. My decisions become void of influence. Even my best efforts of love and surrender are meaningless in this season without the Lords blessing. What a humbling truth to accept.
For this reason I’ve waited till God’s prodding was apparent. Today was one such day.

I’ll try to make this as short as possible…A Chinese student, Yolanda, is a freshman at NNU who will attend for all four years. From a series of God events she and I have become good friends. When planning a future coffee date I mentioned that I would be attending church this coming Sunday. At this comment she quickly replied with, “I want to go with you.” I was shocked to say the least. No previous conversations would incline me to think that she would be even remotely interested in Western Christian settings. I initially, well up to Saturday night, thought this to be a bad plan. My church happens to be very charismatic. We have loud worship and quite often have the service lead by the Holy Spirit, all of which might frighten a foreigner. Out of good faith though, I believed that God established this meeting for a reason.
So this morning Yolanda had her first Western church experience. To be precise, it was her first Christian experience of any kind. In the midst of worship she revealed that the only thing she knew about Jesus was the Last Supper, and that was just the name. What a shock! I had the opportunity to explain the message throughout the service, and continue that same conversation on our ride home.

In this same service the Youth Pastor asked me to consider leading a children’s Sunday School in the coming months. Door Opened. If Yolanda, who wants to come again to Meridian Vineyard, helps me with the service she’ll hear first hand the foundation of Christ’s life. AAAWWW!!!!
You know? Can you grasp the gravity of this situation?!. Just so cool.

Door 1 opened
…Now just praying & waiting for the rest, which I know will come.

1 comment: